Guide For Hindus
(Entry to our small monastery temple building itself is only for personal worship/meditation, and is now by reservation. You may reserve to attend our 9am Siva puja, or more brief entry at 11am. Please visit our to reservations page.
Kauai's Hindu Monastery is home to Kadavul Temple and seventeen monks living under strict spiritual discipline and the guidance of Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami. It is a sacred place of pilgrimage for all Hindus seeking peace and divine experience.
Guests are encouraged to dress in traditional Hindu clothing when visiting. Alternatively, elegant clothing is permitted. No shorts, short dresses, tight-fitting yoga pants, t-shirts or tank tops. Polo shirts and long shorts that cover the knees are okay.
Some Other Important Guidelines
- Video and photography of the inside of Kadavul Temple is not permitted. All other areas may be photographed.
- We ask visitors to bring an umbrella as it rains often here.
- It is always prudent, even in paradise, not to leave valuables in your car.
- Please note, we do not provide meals at the monastery. You are welcome to use our local Kauai Dining Guide to help plan your meals while on pilgrimage.
- For sizeable groups planning a visit, please email here to coordinate your visit.
Sacred Rudraksha Grove
The monastery's sacred Rudraksha Grove, located at 7345 Kuamo'o Road, is open to visitors every day from 7:30am-4:00pm. Here, Hindus will find a small shrine to Lord Ganesha and a grove of rudraksha trees.